Asbestos Sampling Services
Sampling does not require an asbestos licence.
- If it has already broken off, you can take the sample yourself if there is no risk of spreading debris or exposing yourself to dust.
- Watch where you walk!
- Dampen the sample
- Place it in a self-sealing polythene bag
- Put this in a second self-sealing bag.
- Label it.
- Make arrangements for analysis by us (a UKAS accredited asbestos-testing laboratory)
- Otherwise, engage us (a UKAS accredited asbestos-testing laboratory) to take samples.
Point out your site hazards to sampling teams, including means of safe access to heights. Provide us with keys, etc.
You and your employees should keep well away during sampling. Sampling normally need respiratory protection.
See more on 'Why us a competent surveyor'
Why use Blue Analytical
There is no better way to ascertain that you dwelling has asbestos or rule that possibility out than to hire professionals to conduct a full-blown sampling. It is not recommended to attempt collecting the samples without any previous experience with asbestos or, worse still, without proper safety measures in place. It should thus be made clear that any individual attempts aimed at specifying the kind of material are burdened with risk that we definitely discourage you from taking. Moreover, the best guarantee that the contractors hired can be relied on is the accreditation of your local council. Blue A Ltd surely meets this requirement.
Sometimes it happens so that the full survey of your dwelling is not required and there is only one suspected area. In such cases we often restrict our activity to asbestos sampling and testing only. These two steps are actually crucial if you want to receive a reliable estimation of the planned works and make sure that the there are no asbestos remnants left. Using Blue A Ltd services you can expect to receive the results within 48 hours.
We can usually price around 80% of jobs without the need for a site visit. In most cases we only need:
- Client details
- Measurements of the product
- Location within the building
- Pictures (usually closeup of the product, picture of the whole product and picture of the space around it.
This information is invaluable when it comes to pricing. When enquiring out of hours please ensure this information is provided so we can send you the most accurate, hassle-free quote as quickly as possible. If all relevant information is supplied we aim to provide a quote or estimate in as little as two hours.